Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting calls for participants for European Solidarity Corps (ESC) long-term project which means working with children and the seniors at a local community in Sanguedo, Portugal.
Dates: 01/11/2023 – 01/10/2024 (11 months)
About the organization: Cruz Vermelha Portuguesa – Delegação de Sanguedo
The Red Cross of Sanguedo works with: pre-hospitalar emergencies; transports of non-urgent patients to their doctor appointments and treatments, social support for needy families, therapies in the area of physical and psychological health and youth volunteer actions.
The Local Youth Corps, made up of a working group of 20 volunteers, promotes actions in the social area, aimed at the vulnerable population, as well as boosts exchanges with volunteers from other European countries, through the Erasmus+ programs and the European Solidarity Corps .
At the end of 2021, the Senior University of the Red Cross of Sanguedo emerged as a way to promote the active aging of the community and already has 35 students.
- Promoting interculturality dialogue among youngster at schools.
- Working on a foster house: helping disadvantage children with their schoolwork.
- Activities such as: music classes, painting classes and pilates.
- Inclusive school: curricular enrichment activities with children and senior at our senior university.
- Working on a kennel and at a zoo in order to be involved with nature and help on the animal cause.
- Solidarity in the community with different actions (workshops,participation on campaigns for food collection at the supermarkets…).
- Disseminating opportunities for Youth.
- Workshops on various topics relevant to the project.
- Activities at the Universidade Sénior.
Sanguedo is a little village located in the north of Portugal. It belongs to the city of Santa Maria da Feira that has around 140 000 habitants. Sanguedo is located at 30km from Porto and at 300km from Lisbon. It is 15 minutes away from Espinho – a city well known by its beach.
The average annual temperature is 19ºC and it tends to rain a bit in the winter.
And, of course, it has us! Located right in the middle of Sanguedo, we count on around 100 volunteers. We work with pre-hospitalar emergencies, social support of families in need and, very recently, we also work with ESC and Erasmus+ programmes.
- Youngsters between 18 to 30 years old;
- Motivated to participate in volunteer actions and activities that enable the development of skills key, experiences and learning;
- With the ability to influence positively the peer group and the community;
- With the ability to learn with new results and to adopt new behaviors;
- Empathetic and aware of the needs and challenges of communities;
- Aware of their role and to be able to participate in all phases of the volunteer activity in which they will be involved;
- Interested in participating and contributing to volunteer activities that are oriented towards priorities and values European countries promoted by Erasmus+ and the ESC.
Food and accommodation:
Pocket money of 5€/per day every month + Food money (120€ per month);
A shared room: in a house with all the living conditions required by the Erasmus+ programme (rent, water, electricity and Wi-Fi for free).
How to apple for the project:
To apply for the project, candidates have to send their CV & MOTIVATION LETTER to email@example.com.
Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!