Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for participants for a Training Course called “YAHOO! Youth Workers Combating Hate Speech Online & Offline” which will take place from 13th until 21st September 2023 in Dilijan, Armenia.
Hate Speech is experienced daily by many young people across Europe. With the development of social networks the number of cyber-bullying and cyber harassment cases has increased, increasing the risks to democratic order and creating concerns among young people and youth organizations.
As youth organizations working with young people on local, national and European levels and promoting digital participation, we have developed “Youth Workers Combating Hate Speech Online & Offline” project to address and transform online hate speech in a safe and transformative way. Through the joint efforts of the 12 organizations involved, we aim to equip 34 youth workers and educators from the EU (The Netherlands, Cyprus, Greece, France, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Estonia) and Neighboring Partner countries (Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine) with necessary skills, knowledge and tools to support young people’s fight against online oppressive narratives, propaganda and hate speech.
The Training Course pursues the following main objectives:
- Increasing the competencies of youth leaders, youth workers, and educators in the field of anti-hate speech activism and Human Rights Education;
- Mainstreaming anti-hate speech and HRE methods in youth work and developing future HRE-related projects in partner countries;
- Developing effective strategies to combat hate speech and cyberbullying;
- Increasing the international dimension of youth work, notably with reference to human rights education and youth participation;
- Assuring a long-term, sustainable increase in the quality of partner organizations’ work in combating hate speech, cyberbullying, and other human rights issues;
- Building a community of European youth workers able to develop local activities on Human Rights.
The Training Course targets youth leaders and workers to equip them with competence and knowledge on hate speech issues. During a one-week-long training course, the youth workers will have a chance to get acquainted with new methods and approaches to working with young people on the topic of hate speech.
The Erasmus + Programme will cover 100% of the accommodation, food and activities and will reimburse 100% of the travel costs for the participants – up to 360 EUR. There are 3 vacancies available. There will be a participation fee of 40 EUR per participant.
All interested people should fill out the application form below.
APPLICATION FORM: https://forms.gle/gYZAfMawsqxrdTCt5
Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!