Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for participants for a Youth Exchange called “TRON” which will take place from the 3rd until the 12th of June 2023 in Verona, Italy.
This youth exchange aims to encourage participants’ awareness about digital tools in democratic life through the conscious use of today’s digital tools, such as social media. Young people cannot perceive life without the Internet. According to Statista, 4.57 billion people (59%) use the Internet actively. Among young adults (18-29 years old) 93% use the Internet daily. According to the EC, 1 in 5 young people fails to acquire basic digital competencies. Online personality, social interactions, and activities in the digital space are as important for young people as physical ones. The Internet is part of their reality, a reality, however, in which they were not educated to live. Young people consider themselves digital natives, and cannot understand life without internet access. Although they can easily browse online, they do not know how the internet works, what their rights and responsibilities are online and they are not aware of the dangers that exist in the digital space and so on. This is why “Tron” is so much needed: the aim is to develop competences about digital security and safety, how to debunk false news/information, and how to deal with malicious comments, racism, intolerance, and even threats. Young people need to develop digital knowledge and skills, as well as attitudes and values that can guide them to ethical and responsible online actions, develop an understanding of the challenges and opportunities of the Internet, and acquire the skills needed to live safely in the digital world.
Objectives of the project:
- Educate young people as digital citizens;
- Increase communication and collaboration skills in the online environment, for 32 young people (+8 group leaders and 2 facilitator), during the Youth Exchange mobility;
- Increase the level of knowledge about digital rights and responsibilities;
- Develop the skills to use the internet safely;
- Understand how to use digital tools to promote participation as a core value for inclusion and cohesion in Europe;
- Develop critical thinking tools for everyday use and for social activism.
- Communicative level of English;
- age 18-25 years old;
- Group leaders 18+;
- Young people motivated to deepen the topics;
- Youngsters who want to accomplish the project’s objectives;
- Youth leaders working in local communities
The Erasmus + Programme will cover 100% of the accommodation, food and activities and will reimburse 100% of the travel costs for the participants – up to 270 EUR. There are 6 vacancies available. There will be a participation fee of 40 EUR per participant.
All the interested people should fill the application form below.
Application deadline: 1st May 2023
Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!