Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for participants for a Youth Exchange called “Keep Baltic Sea Plastic Free” which will take place from 31st March until 08th April 2023 in Palanga, Lithuania.
The Baltic Sea is one of the most polluted seas in the world. Oil spills and chemicals from inland agricultural practices have contributed to this pollution. Plastic waste ending up in the sea is another significant problem. Pollution and waste pose serious threats to marine ecosystems and considering these issues are often the result of inland human actions, it is crucial that quality education regarding environmental problems is advanced in Baltic region countries.
While many young people are aware of the critical need to act to address future concerns and environmental implications, they often lack the means to make an impact. Therefore, this project seeks to educate young people on the environmental topic and empower them to impact their families, friends, and general community behavior by leading by example and implementing eco-friendly initiatives.
The project’s main aim is to raise youth awareness about the connection between daily life choices and environmental issues in the field of Baltic Sea pollution.
The main objectives of the project has been set :
1) To raise awareness of the Baltic Sea pollution level and its importance.
2) To identify the most prevalent negative consequences of people’s environmental behaviors, as well as strategies to address them.
3) Develop awareness of the connection between Baltic Sea pollution and related environmental decisions in different sectors.
4) To promote environmentally responsible behavior at the local level;
5) To foster a proactive attitude toward green efforts.
6) Assist participants in developing a sense of social responsibility toward environmental protection.
7) Engage youth in international discussions and decision-making regarding environmentally friendly actions.
8) Keep youth active and assist them in learning how to put ideas into action, enhance their social skills and multilingualism and stimulate cultural exchange.
This event will bring together 32 participants from Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland. The event will be held in English. There are 8 vacancies available, and participants should be between 18- 30 years old (no age limit for the group leader)
The Erasmus + Programme will cover 100% of the accommodation, food and activities and will reimburse 100% of the travel costs for the participants – up to 210 euros. There will be a participation fee of 40 Eur. per participant.
All the interested people should fill the application form below.
Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!!! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NooredUhiskonnaHeaks?fref=ts