Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for participants for a Training Course called “Strengthening Online Campains Into Active Leadership (SOCIAL)’’ which will take place from 28th February until 08th March 2022 in Bosco Chiesanuova, Verona – Italy.
This training course aims to encourage participants’ participation in democratic life through the conscious use of today’s digital tools, such as social media, with the aim of reflecting what they have learned in future initiatives that these participants will create and disseminate, as well as future and ongoing projects and campaigns. The course aims at a real investment in the preparation of young people who show interest in those issues that the political national policy often still fails to embrace.
At a time when Europe is facing a strong period of uncertainty, many citizens are falling to the temptation of joining populist groups that are moving toward more xenophobic and authoritarian views. The electoral successes of extremist leaders pose a challenge to democratic practice and theory.
Young people are among the most vulnerable to the messages spread by such groups, as are those most affected by economic uncertainties and those who feel furthest removed from representing democracies in which they live. In this scenario, youth workers and youth organizations are ill-equipped to deal with and counter the public communication of hate groups. The main purpose of this training course is to equip youth organizations and youth workers with the tools they need to be a voice in support of all those young people who are losing trust in national and European institutions. To that end, this training course aims to provide and accrue those skills necessary for structuring effective public communication, with the intent therefore to target their peers, members and organizations, as well as those young people who are not active in the youth sector.
This training course intends to achieve the following objectives:
- Understanding participation as a core value for inclusion and cohesion in Europe. Its implication is a responsibility as youth workers and leaders
- Through experience and putting into practice what they have learned, understand and internalize how social media works and its potential as a tool to become activists and make their voices heard globally
- Understand the principles of public communication from philosophy to psychology and its relevance to the realities of youth workers
- Explore the movements that made history and imagine how they would have developed if social media had existed in those eras
- Obtain and learn tools to develop critical thinking of web-based information, understanding of hate/defamation campaigns when they are used for youth
- Reflect on their own reality, transfer and plan message actions to engage youth in action.
This event will bring together 21 participants from Estonia, Greece, Italy, Lithuania, Poland, Spain and Turkey. The event will be held in English. There are 3 vacancies available, and participants should be from older than 18 years old.
The Erasmus + Programme will cover 100% of the accommodation, food and activities and will reimburse 100% of the travel costs for the participants – up to 275 euros. There will be a participation fee of 40 Eur. per participant.
Application deadline: 04th January 2023
Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!!! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NooredUhiskonnaHeaks?fref=ts