Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting calls for participants for European Solidarity Corps (ESC) projects which will take place in two different organisation in Italy.
Vacancy 1: InCo – Molfetta
It is a no-profit association, born at unformal level in 2013, thanks to a group of members moving to Apulia region after many mobility experiences. The aim of the association is to promote and support mobility abroad, contacts, exchanges and meetings at international level; to promote mutual tolerance and intercultural sensitivity among young people; to support the unformal process of European integration in our community. In addition, InCo-Molfetta activities are addressed to create intercultural abilities and non-formal competences for all the participants.
Proposed activities for volunteers
Actively participation to Youth Exchanges in Molfetta and other projects carried out by InCo. During those projects the volunteer is required to live with the groups of participants for one week or more, being part of the staff and taking care of the other participants.
- Help to prepare:
Info meetings (Every Tuesday you will go to one Youth Center in Molfetta to give
Information about Erasmus+/ESC to youngsters)
Seminars (The volunteers will go to different schools to promote the different Erasmus+/ESC programs)
Monitoring and final evaluation for sending and hosting participants (in InCo office and in other locations)
- Support the activity of our local webradio “Radio Fgen”. We need your ability for:
Editing podcasts, music and video
Creating posters and graphics with specific softwares
- Communication activities:
You will have to update the Instagram/Facebook profile of InCo and Try to make every day a post, or an Instagram story.
- Creation of flyers/posters: If we plan to make an event, we need your help to create posters and flyers.
- Cooperation in the project related to “fake news”, hate speech, cyber bullying.
- Possibility to organize and manage short courses (to be held in InCo office or in the partner school sites): music, handcraft, languages, etc.
- Participation to complementary activities with all the other volunteers, such as “Testo a Fronte”, “International Evening”, “Cultural excursions”, ecc…
- Cooperation in organizing public events in the city, such as exhibitions, competitions, prizes, cineforum, etc.
What volunteer we expect?
You should be very motivated, patient and tolerant to work in an international environment, passionate for the activities we offer and not just for Italian stereotypes (such as pizza, dolce vita and sun!). We need a very flexible person to unexpected changes of activities, lodging and programmes, seen the new international scenario. You should be very creative and ready to suggest new ideas. Ability and experience in editing podcasts, music, video, photos and posters will be a plus. Finally, we would like you are aware this is not just travelling to another country, but it is a full time learning experience.
Project Duration: 1 Year.
Vacancy 2: Associazione “Appoggiati a me Onlus”
It was born in March 2014 because of the commitment of a group of parents – united by the need to fill the gaps of public welfare in terms of disability and the desire to build a sustainable life project over time for a future of real social inclusion of own children.
The association aims to:
– improve the autonomy and social inclusion of future adults with disabilities through intensive individualized actions taken as earlier as possible.
– Build a network of good practices with public administrations, private bodies, other associations.
Most of the target group are children/adolescents diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder, but there are also motor disabilities. The association makes its own experience available, providing families with legal support and fiscal matters on issues related to disability. It creates awareness events, free information seminars and training projects for teachers and professionals. The organization count on the support of man volunteers, professionals and friends committed to support the integration of disables in daily life.
Proposed activities for volunteers
As a volunteer, you will have the chance to support the teachers and staff, enriching the daily activities of the students. You can:
- present your own culture and country
- support in the preparation of weekly activities, f. i. collect some materials, take care that everything is ready, etc
- support the project “scuola di lavoro”, where the pupils learn how to perform easy secretarial activities, print something, using PC, etc.
- Supporting and assisting kids in the recreational activities on week-end.
- Help the staff in the theatre lab.
- Support the disables in sport activities and swimming pool.
- Participate in the training session for expert and professionals.
- Participate and organize complementary activities with other volunteers, such as international evening, literature contest, language workshops, etc.
- Help in practical and creative work.
- take part in cultural and activities and trips.
Project Duration: 1 Year.
The volunteer will be cover by a Cigna Group Medical and Non-Medical Insurance Plan that is covered by found of ESC project.
- Young people between 18 and 30 years old who are legally residing in Estonia and have registered in the European Solidarity Corps Portal.
- Must be very motivated and committed to the voluntary activity;
- Interested in the topic of the project.
- A minimum B1 level of English. Knowledge of Italian language is a plus
About City: Molfetta
The project will take place in Molfetta, a city in Apulia, on the Adriatic coast at about 25 km from Bari. Molfetta has around 60.000 inhabitants. In the last years Molfetta’s commercial activities and attractions have been improved, thanks to the recent construction of a huge shopping area, equipped with stores, national chains, outlets, Luna park, hard discount, cinemas and so on. At the same time in the historical centre many restaurants, clubs, bars and youth meeting point are crowed during the week-end especially at the evening..
How to apply for the project
- Application Form ESC-volunteering (It needs to be downloaded and prepared specifically for each vacancy/vacancies.)
There are 2 vacancies available, and participants should be between 18-30 years old.
After you prepare documents above, you should send them via email to our contact person- Marco Santos- with subject of ‘‘ESC-Italy05’’: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: ASAP
Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!!! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NooredUhiskonnaHeaks?fref=ts