Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting an ESC call for 11 participants for European Solidarity Corps projects (ESC) which will take place in Ecovillage Los Portales, Castilblanco de los Arroyos Seville – SPAIN.
ABOUT CASTILBLANCO DE LOS ARROYOS
Nowadays, the youth is looking more and more in the ecovillage experience for answers to the challenges that the global world brings up to them. The ecovillage movement aims to connect with nature and human needs for health, integration and coherent vision of the future and its objectives are sustainability and resilience. Los Portales, an ecovillage founded in 1984 and located in Castilblanco de los Arroyos (Seville, Spain), is one of the oldest and stablest in Spain. Since 2011, young people from all over the world have come looking for an experience that meets these challenges, and then brought this seed back to their places of origin. The project “Learning to Live and Grow up in an Ecovillage” is designed for volunteers interested in discovering and experiencing this way of life. During 12 months they will immerse themselves in the ecovillage life and its different activities, accompanied by very experienced people.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
- Managing an orchard to produce food for 50 people;
- Cooking for collectives: learn how to compose and prepare balanced menus for groups;
- Managing a goats herd for milk production and dairy product processing (cheese, yogurt)
- First contact with the three ecovillage renewable energy types: solar, wind and hydro power
- Managing personal and group processes: facilitation and conflict resolution tools and creativity development tools.
All activities will be carried out on the ground because we are aware that the learning integration is thus faster and lasting. The person in charge of each activity will give the training and explain the tasks to the volunteers, putting special emphasis on the safety measures to prevent any accident. The coordinator will help the volunteers define their interests and personal learning and development program through the activities and will hold weekly meetings with them, in order to ensure that the established program aims are met. He will also be available to resolve any matter relating to the activities scheduling.
The final result should provide the volunteer with a global vision of how life develops in an ecovillage, opening to a world of possibilities that can range from wanting to integrate into one of them to imagine how to create his own project with similar characteristics or just to know the existence of this movement and to take an interest in it in his country of origin.
– One vacancy starting from now on (by January 2023 at the latest), for 7 months, more precisely 210 days
– One vacancy starting in January 2023 for 6 or 12 months (Preferably for 12 months.)
– Three vacancies starting in April 2023 for 12 months
– Six vacancies starting in September 2023 for 12 months
How to apply for the project
- Motivation Letter (It needs to be prepared specifically for vacancy)
There are 11 vacancies available, and participants should be between 18-30 years old.
After you prepare documents above, you should send them via email to our contact person- Marco Santos- with subject of ‘‘ESC-SPAIN’’: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: ASAP
Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!!! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NooredUhiskonnaHeaks?fref=ts