Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for participants for a Training Course called “Unleashing the power of youth work to counter online hate speech – UP!’’ which will take place from 13th November until 21st November 2022 in Dilijan, Armenia.
Hate Speech is experienced daily by many young people across Europe. With the development of social networks, the number of cyber-bullying and cyberharassment cases has increased, increasing the risks to democratic order and creating concerns among young people and youth organizations.
As youth organizations working with young people on local, national and European levels and promoting digital participation, we have developed the long-term project “UP! Unleashing the Power of Youth Work to Counter Online Hate Speech” to address and transform online hate speech in a safe and transformative way. Through the joint efforts of 14 youth organizations involved, we aim to equip 36 youth workers and educators from the European Union and Neighboring Partner countries with necessary skills, knowledge and tools to support young people’s fight against online oppressive narratives, propaganda and hate speech.
The long-term project has 2 activities (Training Course and Evaluation Seminar) and pursues the following main objectives:
- Creating a network of activists, youth workers, educators and youth organizations who combat online hate speech and building their capacity in campaigning against online hate speech with both a national and European dimension;
- Exploring the notion of hate speech and examining its main roots, inspiring youth workers to find out innovative mechanisms and solutions in fighting hate speech, targeting different layers of society;
- Equipping youth workers and educators with skills, knowledge and tools to provide quality training for young people and support them to recognize and transform hateful speech online;
- Exploring various good practices and developing local campaigns, educational activities and materials that support young people to combat hate speech online;
- Improving internet and media competences of youth workers and educators so they are better equipped to counter hate speech online and are to promote responsible internet presence and conscious content generation among young people they work with.
This event will bring together 36 participants from Estonia, Albania, Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus, Georgia, Greece, Italy, Moldova, North Macedonia, Portugal, Spain, the Netherlands and Ukraine. The event will be held in English. There are 2 vacancies available, and participants should be from older than 18 years old.
The Erasmus + Programme will cover 100% of the accommodation, food and activities and will reimburse 100% of the travel costs for the participants – up to 360 euros. There will be a participation fee of 40 Eur. per participant.
Application deadline: 02nd October 2022
Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!!! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NooredUhiskonnaHeaks?fref=ts