Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for participants for a Training Course called “Breath for a second’’ which will take place from 20th September until 28th September 2022 in Laguna de Cameros, La Rioja, Spain.
This project aims to bring yoga and mindfulness closer to the youth, especially those who are not familiarized with it and therefore in most need. The practice of yoga is an invitation for reflection and meditation. It combines the physical and the mental gathering our physical and mental energy in the possibility of focusing in the present moment.
Doctors recommend a few minutes of yoga and meditation in a daily basis as in order to achieve a healthy well-being. According to statistics, youth is in a process of regression in every aspect that refers to physical activity and concentration ever since the irruption of technology as we conceive it today. A sedentary lifestyle on the physical side and stress on the mental one are consequences of this decline in personal care that yoga aims to alleviate. How to make individuals (mainly the youngest) aware of the importance of this reflective behavior and encourage them to practice yoga to preserve their personal balance, their health, their creativity, their energy, and active citizenship? Yoga and meditation can offer us the necessary tools to achieve a state of peace, well-being, and happiness.
- Enable a group of young workers from different countries and cultures to acquire new skills on the benefits of practicing yoga and meditation, as well as on the means to use this potential in the interest of young people.
- Encourage youth workers to improve their knowledge and working methods and seek to take the initiative in the practice of yoga, meditation and mindful living, in a context of non-formal education for the sake of youth and others from local communities.
- Allow participants to understand in practice the value of yoga within a certain group. In fact, yoga and mindfulness do a lot of good for the proper functioning of a team, reinforcing the ties within a team as the efficiency of all skyrockets both in quantitative and qualitative terms.
- Allow the young workers who will participate in the training to launch experimental workshops aimed at various audiences, inspired by the skills acquired.
- Create online educational material on yoga, meditation and the practice of full attention or mindfulness so that young people can make use of videos and bulletins in their learning of basic teachings of these subjects.
This event will bring together 30 participants from Estonia, Albania, Czech Republic, Italy, North Macedonia, Portugal, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, and Spain. The event will be held in English. There are 3 vacancies available and participants should be from older than 18 years old.
The Erasmus + Programme will cover 100% of the accommodation, food and activities and will reimburse 100% of the travel costs for the participants – up to 320 euros. There will be a participation fee of 40 Eur. per participant.
All the interested people should fill the application form below.
Application deadline: 10th August 2022
Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!!! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NooredUhiskonnaHeaks?fref=ts