Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for participants for a Training Course called “Re-Establish Diversity and Inclusion in Environmental Locations (REDIEL)’’ which will take place from 14th until 21st November 2022 in Limassol, Cyprus.
“Re-Establish Diversity and Inclusion in Environmental Locations” consists of outdoor activities, seminars, and workshops designed to teach participants that nature is inherently diverse and inclusive. Due to historical oppression of people of colour people and women, there is a subconscious bias against minorities that many people are unaware of. Discrimination, which is frequently observed in outdoor spaces, is a myth created by humankind. To demythologize this false narrative, participants will engage in exercises focusing on emotional awareness, mindfulness, and outdoor activities, all of which will help them understand that nature is inclusive. Environmental locations are inherently accessible to all, something will be shown through the exhibition in Molos, Limassol. Participants will gain an understanding of the importance of truly inclusive environmental locations through their own curiosity, innovation, and non-formal educational research. They will come up with innovative ideas, competitions, exhibitions, fun, perfectionism, as well as reality to discover by themselves that empathy, trust, and humanities can be fostered through nature, and these are the true weapons against racism and discrimination.
Aims of the project.
- To teach participants about discrimination in environmental locations and introduce them to locations that are more diverse and inclusive, building the necessary competences through NFE methods for formal application in their countries.
- To train Youth workers how to think big and act big through high-quality workshops about Environmental locations that can be accessible for everyone.
- To gain emotional awareness of discrimination
- To foster empathy with others that are less fortunate
- To develop mathematical competences through innovation
- To develop literacy competences through critical thinking
- To re-connect with nature through mindful activities
- To learn how to trust others
- To foster awareness of ethnocentrism and prejudice in themselves and others, and to develop intercultural learning skills.
- To develop responsibility (every young person is and should feel responsible for his local area and for the future)
This event will bring together 36 participants from Estonia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania, North Macedonia, Portugal, and Romania. The event will be held in English. There are 4 vacancies available and participants should be from older than 18 years old.
The Erasmus + Programme will cover 100% of the accommodation, food and activities and will reimburse 100% of the travel costs for the participants – up to 360 euros. There will be a participation fee of 40 Eur. per participant.
All the interested people should fill the application form below.
Application deadline: 15th September 2022
Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!!! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NooredUhiskonnaHeaks?fref=ts