Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for participants for a Youth Exchange called “Learning Through Board Games” which will take place from 14th July until 22th July 2022 in Viljandi, Estonia.
Learning Through Board Games idea was based on “Jumanji” (1995 film) about a group of people who are trapped inside of a game and need to learn different skills in order to survive. It is a fact that board games have been used by ancient cultures for several millennia. Board games were used by the ancient Egyptian civilization up to 4000 years ago. There have been recent discoveries in ancient Chinese culture that indicates that people were playing the game Go several thousand years ago.
The interesting thing is that old and modern board games share, in essence, the same DNA. In fact, all successful games share the same principles. Good games, whether they be board games or digital games, create goals so that a player is encouraged to learn and engage with the mechanics of the game to make meaningful decisions in pursuit of those goals. By playing board games young people have opportunities to develop language and communication skills, math skills and thinking skills in a fun way. Young people who engage with and learn fundamental academic skills from great board games have the chance for better academic outcomes than those who do not have that opportunity.
- To explore games as learning tools in different settings and develop strategecal thinking, inclusion and non-violent communication
- To introduce tips and principles of “gamification”, to apply in education (discussing also their negative side effects)
- To empower young people and youth leaders and equip them with tools to increase confidence, literacy and life skills, reduce radicalization and xenophobia, and promote a less violent society
- To develop Education Games based on the learning needs of different youth target groups
- To analyse learning achievement and recognise learning progress in gamified tools
- Young people interested to learn about communication, strategic thinking, deductions and learn to learn
- Young people interested in the modern Board Game World!
Profile of Participants
- 18 – 30 years old
- Interested to improve their social and soft skills
- Interested in strategic thinking and learning to learn Competences
This event will bring together 31 participants from Estonia, Czech Republic, Italy, Poland and Spain. The event will be held in English. There are 4 vacancies available and participants should be between 18-25 years old.
The Erasmus + Programme will cover 100% of the accommodation, food and activities and will reimburse 100% of the travel costs for the participants – up to 20 euros. There will be a participation fee of 20 Eur. per participant.
All the interested people should fill the application form below:
Application deadline: 31st May 2022
Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!!! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NooredUhiskonnaHeaks?fref=ts