Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for participants for a Training Course called “Understanding Migration” which will take place from 01st September until 11th September 2022 in Lisbon, Portugal.
“Understanding Migration” is a training course designed to explain and develop deeper understanding about migration in nowadays world.
The last years has shown the world how big the phenomena actually are and that there’s a big lack of knowledge among youth workers. Migration is a crucial interest to young people whether they come from countries affected by in-migration or those suffering the consequences of emigration. Knowledge of migration processes, the causes and consequences of migration and rights of young migrants are relevant to young people’s needs particularly if they are likely to become migrants or participants of mobility schemes or if their home communities are affected by migration. Competences in addressing migration in youth work are essential for building community cohesion in those countries.
TC is designed to confront the challenges and opportunities related to migration in Europe. By using different non-formal methods, causes and effects of migration will be analyzed. All aspects will be supported by the latest findings and developments around migration, pointing to various facets of migration: the main roads, the highways of migration, both in geographical terms and concepts, causes and effects of brain drain, labor migration, study and experience, migration driven by poverty and infringement of fundamental and social rights.
AIM & OBJECTIVES
Through a structured program of activities, this TC aims to develop methods and resources to work closely with international migration and its causes to local community. Training course is aimed for youth workers, youth leaders and those involved working with migrants in their daily work.
The main objectives of the project are:
- To fulfill the main aim, several objectives were set:
- Development of a more tolerant, inclusive and egalitarian society;
- Support the reflection among participants on the different dimensions of migration and mobility;
- Exchange of good practice in the field of youth related to international migration, mobility and its influence on young people in the EU and in the partner countries and the opportunities arising;
- Training of youth workers to better address problems and opportunities arising from migration;
- Transfer and development of knowledge of European mobility programs in youth worker;
- Promotion of European cooperation between NGOs that are in contact with migration and youth mobility;
- The development of new initiatives in the field of youth and mobility within Erasmus +, to give migrants and local youth the same opportunities.
This event will bring together 32 participants from Estonia, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Slovenia, Sint Maarten (Dutch part), Spain, Romania and Turkey. The event will be held in English. There are 4 vacancies available and participants should be from older than 18 years old.
The Erasmus + Programme will cover 100% of the accommodation, food and activities and will reimburse 100% of the travel costs for the participants – up to 530 euros. There will be a participation fee of 40 Eur. per participant.
All the interested people should fill the application form below.
Application deadline: 30th June 2022
Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!!! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NooredUhiskonnaHeaks?fref=ts