Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for participants for a Youth Exchange called “You Are WELLcomed” which will take place from 12th until 20th April 2022 in Gothenburg, Sweden.
“You Are WELLcomed” aims to discuss inclusion through the perspective of the psychology of an individual – the “insider” mindset and the “outsider” mindset. We will go through inner aspects of inclusion and deconstruct the mindsets in order to better understand our attitudes towards inclusion, to feel WELLcomed, concentrating on the WELL as a core to it.
Objectives of the Youth Exchange
- Inform youth on the topics of intercultural dialogue, no hate speech, tolerance;
- engage in emphatic dialogue, especially with people who have different perspectives and viewpoints;
- Connect with others by first of all understanding their contexts and our privileges;
- Foster tolerance, respect and open-mindedness towards diversity of thinking, cultures, religions;
- Discuss and reflect upon how intercultural dialogue can contribute to the physical and mental wellbeing;
- Empower youth to get engaged in fostering intercultural dialogue and the culture of no hate speech;
- Understand better the integration of migrants situation in participating countries and to find out the causes of hate speech and discrimination towards migrants.
Culture of Mindfulness
In our team, we believe that mindful living is the first step to WELLbeing. To feel comfortable, we encourage you to make sure you are passionate about the topic and ready to spend a week in a peaceful venue, with no intoxicants, emerging into yourself, group connection and non-formal learning.
During the event there will be lots of intercultural exchange. We will be able to present our own cultures – any kind of culture you feel you belong to and it’s meaningful to you. We would be very glad to see how you imagine your own culture, not the culture of your country.
This means that all options are possible. A culture may be presented by a poem (created by you?), a dance, a song, etc. We appreciate it if you find some mindful ways of presenting.
Coffee Breaks will be dedicated for international snack exchange so bring your favorite snacks to make
others happy during coffee breaks.
This event will bring together 50 participants from Estonia, Croatia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden and Turkey. The event will be held in English. There are 6 vacancies available and participants should be between 18-30 years old (A group leader should be more than 30 years old)
The Erasmus + Programme will cover 100% of the accommodation, food and activities and will reimburse 100% of the travel costs for the participants – up to 275 euros. There will be a participation fee of 40 Eur. per participant.
All the interested people should fill the application form below.
Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!!! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NooredUhiskonnaHeaks?fref=ts