Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for 1 Estonian volunteer for the European Solidarity Corps short-term volunteering placement called “Connecting the CommUNITY” vol 4 for 2 months, which will take place from January to March 2022 in Salento, South-Italy.
Hosting Organization: VulcanicaMente http://www.vulcanicamente.it
VulcanicaMente is a non-profit organization that promotes self and community development both locally and internationally, creating opportunities for mobility, intercultural and intergenerational learning.
Vulcanicamente’s mission is to develop and enrich the local community starting with the youth, in order to create a generation of active European citizens.
“Connecting the CommUNITY” is a short term volunteering program about COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT and ACTIVE CITIZENSHIP.
The project objective is to support the development of an inclusive community through valuable local activities aimed at connecting people of different ages and cultures.
Lecce and San Cesario di Lecce (in Salento) in Apulia region.
Profile of the volunteer:
- aged 18-30
- resident in Estonia
- has personal interest in the areas of self-development, EU projects development, mindfulness in youth work, non-formal education methods
- is open-minded, flexible, proactive and communicative
- eco-friendly and bike-friendly
- has not participated in a long or short term EVS or ESC volunteering project before
Activities of the volunteer:
Volunteers will support local initiatives as well as European projects. Since our organisation is based in Lecce and San Cesario di Lecce, volunteers will get the experience of working in both towns, having a chance to explore the Italian NGO activities in two different contexts.
Moreover volunteers will have the chance to support and learn by helping us and other local entities, in particular EduVita and Municipality of San Cesario di Lecce.In fact, Municipality of San Cesario di Lecce, 5 km from the city, offered us the opportunity to manage the former youth centre and former tourist info point and create a new creative space for the local community. Volunteers will be involved in this new adventure.
Volunteers will work 5 days a week (up to 38 hours per week) on activities such as:
– English courses using NFE methods
– Social awareness campaigns on how to create a more inclusive community beyond cultural and generational stereotypes
– Event management and promotion
– Alternanza Scuola Lavoro – high school projects and workshops
– Creation of an herbarium in collaboration with local organisations – Supporting the local museum and local initiatives
– Blog writing to share the experience about volunteering in Lecce and San Cesario
-Job-shadowing in NGO management
The volunteers will be accommodated in Lecce. They will share a comfortable apartment, located 10 minutes walking distance from the town centre, 20 minutes from the train station. Volunteers will have a shared room with another volunteer of the same gender. The apartment has 3 bedrooms, 1 common space room, 1 bathroom and a fully equipped kitchen. Nearby there are fruit shops and other facilities. The rent and expenses of the apartment are covered by the hosting organisation.
Food & pocket money:
The volunteer will receive 300€ for food and pocket money per month.
The volunteer will be provided a bike and bus tickets to move between the workplace and home.
The travel costs to the hosting organization and back home will be reimbursed up to 360€.
Noored Ühiskonna Heaks will help with all the preparation for the volunteering experience.
There is 1 placement for an Estonian. Together the project involves 4 volunteers from Greece, Spain, Germany and Estonia.
Application will be opened soon!
For further questions contact email@example.com