Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for participants for a Training Course called “Youth Journey to Politics” which will take place from 27th September until 06th October 2021 in Strasbourg, France.
This training course aims at empowering youth workers to involve young people in politics and specifically in policy-making, equipping them with hands-on skills, democratic attitudes and knowledge of political processes in order to foster the development of the ninth competence on political awareness.
1) To explore basic principles of politics, its’ role in today’s society and relation with youth work;
2) To link active participation with various human rights violation issues based on the European Charter of Fundamental Rights;
3) To study the development of policies and tools that are applied to youth politics;
4) To practice communication skills required for political participation, political lobbying and governance;
5) To develop youth policy amendment drafts that organizations can propose in their youth, community or city councils.
As youth workers who take part from this training will experience policy making documents and methods on their own, they will be more capable to lead and promote a more tolerant and liberal society based in European values and human rights principles through policy and political engagement. Considering new opportunities European youth programs offer, youth
workers experience more and more international life in their everyday work, for example hosting and cooperating with international volunteers, youth workers, supporting youngsters to participate in youth exchanges etc. So, youth workers are the ones, who help young people to understand their international and intercultural learning, even furthermore –they are the
ones who help to create connections between these kind of learning opportunities and local realities.
This event will bring together 37 participants from Estonia, France, Netherlands, Italy, Belgium, Croatia, Greece, Hungary, Romania, Lithuania, Slovenia, Cyprus, Czech Republic and Bulgaria. The event will be held in English. There are 3 vacancies available, and participants should be from older than 18 years old.
The Erasmus + Programme will cover 100% of the accommodation, food and activities and will reimburse 100% of the travel costs for the participants – up to 245 euros. There will be a participation fee of 40 Eur. per participant.
All the interested people should fill the application form below.
Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!!! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NooredUhiskonnaHeaks?fref=ts