Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for participants for a Youth Exchange called “Better YOUth” which will take place from 02nd until 11th July 2021 in Klaffer, Austria.
The discrimination linked to disability and other vulnerability makes it much more difficult for young people from vulnerable groups to go to school, to find work or to participate in local activities. In many communities there are strong physical and communication barriers that make it hard for them to participate in social life and to live a normal life.
The goal of the project is to help young people to be more acceptable and tolerant of problems of disabled people and vulnerable groups, to help them to be more involved in social causes. Young people from vulnerable groups need better opportunities concerning positively Changes of attitudes, reducing of discrimination and barriers to access. The difficulties that young people with disabilities face are connected to disability, but as well to referring to discrimination, stereotypes, problems to express the feelings. Many of the young people who have significant barriers, have worse education and access to health services because of lack of proactivity and trust.
The objectives of the project are:
- Promoting better understanding of problems of disabled and vulnerable groups
- To reduce prejudices and stereotypes for people with disadvantageous background and limited opportunities.
- Promoting intercultural learning;
- Promoting non-formal education tools of extending social messages to disabled and vulnerable youngsters
- Support the increase in quality of youth projects in field of disability, especially concerning their mentoring dimension.
- Make youth more engaged in causes concerning disabled and vulnerable people.
PARTICIPANT PROFILE: age of participants 16 until 20 years old +1 group leader (without age limit)
This event will bring together 30 participants from Estonia, Bulgaria, Latvia, Poland, Romania, North Macedonia, Turkey and Austria. The event will be held in English. There are 7 vacancies available.
The Erasmus + Programme will cover 100% of the accommodation, food and activities and will reimburse 100% of the travel costs for the participants – up to 275 euros. There will be a participation fee of 40 Eur. per participant.
All the interested people should fill the application form below.
Application deadline: 23rd May 2021
Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!!! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NooredUhiskonnaHeaks?fref=ts