Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for volunteer for European Solidarity Corps placement called “MEDIART” for 12 months, which will take place from June/July 2020 in Serres, Greece.
The ESС project will take place at PRAXIS which is a youth Greek NGO which has activities in culture, media and human rights fields. Since 1995 it offers a broad spectrum of cultural, media & communication activities. The organization co-operates with the municipalities, universities, UNESCO and other institutions; maintains a strong interregional network that allows the realization of internships, seminars, ESC and youth projects. The intercultural experiences and acquired competences open up young peoples’ horizon. PRAXIS offers opportunities to express their creativities, spreading all interesting information for them and for their future life and employment.
The Profile of the volunteer:
“MEDIART” ESC project recognizes the needs of the local community and offers opportunities to young people to express their creativity, and develop their skills for their future life and employment by promoting via media the “International days messages”. MEDIART needs volunteers who actively participate, support and bring in their fresh new ideas, promoting cultural diversity to the local community of Serres.
PRAXIS is looking for volunteers who can work with all social media, promoting social messages and the “international days” campaigns (via Facebook, writing articles in blogs, creating Youtube). So, volunteers have to bring with them their laptop at least with Microsoft programme.
The volunteer’s tasks are the following:
- Promotion and support of national and international campaigns (mostly connected to United Nations and their sub-organizations)
- Radio station (30% work). (spots, broadcasts and technical support, sound system control) The Volunteer will gain valuable experience working with media. Volunteer’s tasks are in control sound system during the journalistic radio-broadcast on the Master Sound control. Every day the volunteer has his/her personal radio broadcast. Every volunteer creates and records a personal radio spot to promote and advertise his/her broadcast.
- Management of the organizations various social network channels
- Creation of videos related to Human Rights and related campaigns
- Coverage of events (videos, photos, articles, interviews, radio reportages)
- International web- campaign promoting social and human values (40% of work). For the theme of every campaign, the volunteer receives all this information some weeks earlier. When the volunteer receives all data links about “THE INTERNATIONAL DAY” he/she has to inform about the subject and then works together with the professionals in order to have brain-storming discussion.
- Cooperation with schools (5% of work). The activities mainly take place within the school, with the idea of creating links between schools and the organisation. But also many school classes are visiting the Radio station by many occasions (i.e. International Radio day, promoting their school projects).
- Leisure time using computers in Info-center of PRAXIS with the young refugees from the local refugee’s camp, teaching English or German, other creative activities, cinema nights, group games, outdoor activities. Outdoor activities (every Friday afternoon- if the weather is ok) or indoor activities play UNO, or computer games… or any other idea is very welcome…. (Each one volunteer will choose at least two refugees, who with them will develop more friendly /fraternization contacts & relations.)
There are two places of work;
-one is the Youth Information Centre, which is next door, just downstairs of the first, the big apartment, three minutes walking from the second apartment & seven minutes walking from the third one apartment .
– and the radio station, which is a five minute walk from the big apartment seven minutes walking from the second apartment and seventeen minutes’ walk from the third one apartment.
Accommodation and food:
-There is a first floor apartment which consists of three double bedrooms, a kitchen, bathroom, a very large living room and two balconies. The apartment is furnished, with kitchen equipment, sofas, wi-fi etc.
– Then there is a fifth floor apartment which consists of two double bedrooms and a big room as a kitchen/living-room, bathroom, hallway, and balconies. This apartment is furnished, with kitchen equipment, washing machine, sofa, wi-fi, etc
– And we have a first floor apartment which consists of one double bedroom and a living room/kitchen, bathroom, hallway, balcony. This smaller apartment is furnished, with kitchen equipment, washing machine, sofa, wi-fi, etc.
Food allowance and pocket money will be provided (270 euros per month).
Volunteer will have Greek lessons from OLS (On Line Learning System by European Commission)
In case you would like to make the first steps in learning Greek, below you will find some links that can be very helpful:
The Erasmus + Programme will reimburse 100% of the travel costs for the participants (up to 275 euros).
All the interested people should fill send the CV and Motivation Letter in English to email@example.com.
Application deadline: 20th April 2020
Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!!! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NooredUhiskonnaHeaks?fref=ts