Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for participants for a Youth Exchange project called “What’s Your Footprint?” which will take place from 14th until 21st April 2020 in Raches, Greece.
Topic: environmental crisis
The condition about climate and earth is critical, there is a lot of pollution everywhere, the oceans are filled with plastic and the majority of people, companies and governments don’t care about it.
The idea of this project started from the Greek team when they realized, during a Solidarity Project, travelling from Chalkida to Lamia in Greece by bicycle that many people are really not aware about the environmental crisis, as most of beaches were full of rubbish, air pollution made difficult to cycle and cities were built aiming to serve car and not alternative means of transportation. The youth exchange was created in order to increase awareness about these crucial problems.
Objectives and activities:
- To learn about our environmental footprint, the effects for the future of the earth and ways to decrease it;
- To realize how many plastics we use every day and ways to avoid them;
- Collect plastic from beaches and streets around the village;
- Upcycling plastic in many ways and especially with a specific machine for direct recycling and learn ways of self-production (e.g. soaps, lip balm)
- Learn how to build with natural building techniques, through participating in a local project;
- Explore the benefits of the use of bicycles avoiding cars during the project;
- Interact with locals and try to change their non eco-friendly habits;
- Connect people with different cultures, work together and enjoy a week in a very beautiful place next to the sea.
- Participate in sea sports, like kite surf, sup.
NISI (https://nisi.com.gr/) provides tents, but also unique types of accommodation that will satisfy all tastes for couples, families, friends! Our tents are made out of canvas and natural materials. Glamping (Glamorous Camping) is a new trend in the world of Camping and our NISI has already managed to be one of the first places in Greece that it combines Nature and comfort. Think of spacious tents, mattress and beds in ethnic style decoration. All our accommodation options include power, heating, fan, personal lounge and much more.
The participating countries are Estonia, Greece, Finland, Portugal, Italy and Czech Republic.
There are 5 vacancies in the project (including the group leader)
Profile of the participants:
- aged 18-25
- residents in Estonia
- interested in environmental issues and learning about the nature
Profile of the group leader:
- aged 18+
- resident in Estonia
- leadership skills
- previous experience in Erasmus+ mobilities (youth exchange, training course etc.)
The Erasmus + Programme will cover 100% of the accommodation, food, activities and will reimburse the travel costs up to 360€ to the participants. There is a participation fee of 40€.
All the interested people should fill the application form below.
Application deadline: 12th February 2020
PS. Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!!! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NooredUhiskonnaHeaks?fref=ts