Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for participants for a Youth Exchange project called “What’s Your Footprint?” which will take place from 8th to 15th August 2022 in Aitoloakarnanias, Greece.
Topic: environmental crisis
The condition about climate and earth is critical, there is a lot of pollution everywhere, the oceans are filled with plastic and the majority of people, companies and governments don’t care about it. The idea of this project started from the Greek team when they realized, during a Solidarity Project, travelling from Chalkida to Lamia in Greece by bicycle that many people are really not aware about the environmental crisis, as most of beaches were full of rubbish, air pollution made difficult to cycle and cities were built aiming to serve car and not alternative means of transportation. So we created this youth exchange in order to increase awareness about these crucial problems which will take place in YamoChori which created by us the last two years as a core of sustainability.
- To learn our environmental footprint, the effects for the future of the earth and ways to decrease it.
- To realize how many plastics we use every day and ways to avoid them.
- Upcycling plastic in many ways and especially with a specific machine for direct recycling and learn ways of self-production (e.g. soaps, lip balm)Learn how to build with natural building techniques, through participating in a local project.
- Explore the benefits of the use of bicycles avoiding cars during the project.
- Interact with locals and try to change their non eco-friendly habits.
- Connect people with diffirent cultures, work together and enjoy a week in a very beautiful place next to the river.
The accommodation of the participants will take place in Yamochori, a field that our organization is working on, following the love of nature and our philosophy of respect and reduce of carbon footprint. Yamochori is
located in a very beautiful place between mountains and a river. Participants will sleep in big tents, separated by 6 people per tent. We will provide you with pillows and mattresses, you have to bring sheets, sleeping bag and towels. There are 4 shared flush toilets, 2 compost toilets and showers. In the field we have a lot of trees and a big organic garden which provide us with the majority of the meals.
The participating countries are Estonia, Greece, Finland, Portugal, Italy and Czech Republic.
There are 5 vacancies in the project (including the group leader).
Profile of the participants:
- aged 18-30
- residents in Estonia
- interested in environmental issues and learning about the nature
Profile of the group leader:
- aged 18+
- resident in Estonia
- leadership skills
- previous experience in Erasmus+ mobilities (youth exchange, training course etc.)
The Erasmus + Programme will cover 100% of the accommodation, food, activities and will reimburse the travel costs up to 360€ to the participants. There is a participation fee of 40€.
All the interested people should fill the application form below.
PS. Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!!! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NooredUhiskonnaHeaks?fref=ts