Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for participants for a Youth Exchange project called “Good Web Citizen” which will take place from 24th February until 2nd March 2020 in Katowice, Poland.
Topic: fake news, cyber-bullying, copyright and privacy
Youngsters will have the chance to explore three different macro-areas and share their knowledge and experience regarding those. The “Good Web Citizen” project is, in fact, about exchanging different concepts, ideas and habits, with the final goal to improve our digitalbehaviours.
The first area is the personal and psychological one, which touches different themes such as the hate speech phenomenon, online bullying dynamics, Internet Addiction Disorder etc..
The second area is about privacy and copyright.
The third area is about how the relations between people and nations are influenced by the web, analyzing phenomena like fake news, terrorism (coming from online sources) and web democracy.
Objectives and activities:
- learn and share visions regarding the “good web citizen” concept and its role in modern life;
- explore the meaning and importance of the digital etiquette as a code of principles for creating a friendly and non-threatening environment on the Internet;
- get knowledge about the main concepts associated with the Internet, such as Internet bullying, hate speech, fake news, Internet sex crimes, and privacy, copyright, etc.
- get cultural enrichment through the opportunity to share their cultures and traditions with the other participants during the intercultural evening, as well as during the whole youth exchange;
- get to know the most accessible free tools regarding the copyright issues;
- create the list of a good web citizen’s principles as a code of principles for creating a friendly and non-threatening environment on the Internet;
- understand the reasons behind Internet bullying and hate speech;
- develop creativity and imagination while making the presentations;
- analyze the consequences of hate speech, Internet bullying, fake news, Internet sex crimes, etc.;
- develop critical thinking and analytical skills through participating in the practical sessions of the youth exchange;
- become aware of the threat of Internet bullying, hate speech, and Internet sex crimes;
- discuss the most topical examples of the violation of the one’s privacy and rights on the Internet;
- debate on the advantages and disadvantages of the Internet, as well as the topics related to the Internet;
- become aware of the influence of digital tools at a national and international level;
- unite the concept of responsible civic citizens to responsible use of digital tools;
- deepen their knowledge of the Polish culture and society through getting in contact with the local community in Katowice while participating in the practical and interactive sessions of the youth exchange.
The participants will stay in a hostel in the centre of Katowice.
The participating countries are Estonia, Poland, Hungary, Portugal and Belarus.
There are 5 vacancies in the project (including the group leader)
Profile of the participants:
- aged 18-25
- residents in Estonia
- interested in the digital world and its effects on society
Profile of the group leader:
- aged 18+
- leadership skills
- previous experience in Erasmus+ mobilities (youth exchange, training course etc.)
The Erasmus + Programme will cover 100% of the accommodation, food, activities and will reimburse the travel costs up to 275€ to the participants.
All the interested people should fill the application form below.
Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!!! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NooredUhiskonnaHeaks?fref=ts