Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for participants for a Training Course called “Participatory Europe” which will take place from 2nd until 11th December 2019 in Roosta, Estonia.
Youth Workers and Youth Organisations nowadays are becoming more and more distant from politics, with almost a feeling of rejection or even repulsion towards the essential governance and core system of democracy. This training course wishes to provide a background set of competences to bridge that gap and to foster the grassroots youth sector to be, both, more interested, as well as becoming a key player in the world of politics and policy making.
A training course which takes youth workers on a journey through politics, policies, decision-making and advocacy in order to bring young people closer to the democratic institutions and to have their say on the matter by exploring the implications and specifics of citizenship and participation, up to how to create and draft a policy paper.
The activities will be based on a wide mix of non-formal education methods, experiential learning, discussions and creative workshops.
Training intends to achieve the following objectives:
- To create a common definition and understanding of what is politics and how it functions in a modern democracy.
- To foster the connection between active participation and the European Charter of Fundamental Rights
- To understand what are policies and how they are created, and what are the processes and mechanisms implied, and learn about existing tools like Structured Dialogue and Co-Management applied to youth policies.
- To learn about advocacy and communication in the world of politics and governance
- To discover how politics function at European level, the importance of networking with other societal sectors
- To plan local actions where youth organisations and youth workers get involved with local/national decision-making bodies, by designing a youth policy amendment, propose it, network, and submit to the relevant authorities.
This event will bring together 28 participants from Estonia, Coratia, Spain, Romania, Slovakia, Czech Republik, Greece, Turkey, Italy, Lithuania, Bulgaria, Portugal. The event will be held in English. There are 3 vacancies available and participants should be minimum 18 years old.
The Erasmus + Programme will cover 100% of the accommodation, food and activities. There will be a participation fee of 30€ per participant.
All the interested people should fill the application form below.
Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!!! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NooredUhiskonnaHeaks?fref=ts