Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for participants for a Training Course project called “Game ON!” which will take place from 12th to 20th November 2019 in Kildu, Estonia.
Topic: a training course about educational games and how to create them.
Games are an incredible source of experience and learning, and “serious games” are now widely used in a variety of educational and academic settings. Furthermore, participation to games (in various platforms) is on constant rise. Learning “how to play” and how to use games in educational contexts can be a powerful tool to develop communication, engagement, understanding of differences, and learn how to deal with conflicts.
- to define a more positive approach to leadership and develop the related skills
- to explore games as learning tools in different settings and develop political participation, inclusion and non violent communication
- to introduce tips and principles of “gamification”, to apply in education (discussing also their negative side effects)
- to empower trainers, youth workers and leaders and equip them with tools to increase young people’s participation to political life, reduce radicalization and xenophobia, and promote a less violent society
The activities will be based on a wide mix of non formal education methods, experiential learning, discussions and creative workshops. In the end of the training the participants will produce their own board games, that are played during a public event with locals.
The project takes place in Kildu Ratsakeskus http://kildu.ee.
There will be 28 youth workers coming from 14 different countries (Estonia, Italy, France, Denmark, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Poland, Finland, Romania, United Kingdom, Spain and Portugal).
There is 1 vacancy for an Estonian participant.
Profile of the participant:
- youth leaders/workers
- youth trainers/workers who are actively working with young people as a professional or on the voluntary basis
- youth project coordinators
- aged 20+ without any upper limit
The Erasmus + Programme will cover 100% of the accommodation, food, activities and travels. There is a participation fee of 30€.
All the interested people should fill in the application form: https://forms.gle/FSVjx1bhUeBRfcpk7
Application deadline: 05th November 2019
For more information & infopack send an email with your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org