nyh esc vabatahtlik erasmus+ hungary ungari call participantsNoored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for 1 Estonian volunteer for the European Solidarity Corps placement called “Solidarity – volunteer year in Kecskemét” for 10-12 months, which will take place in Kecskemét (Hungary), starting from August/September 2019.

 

 

Hosting Organization: Hírös Agora Cultural and Youth CenterNonprofit Ltd.

 

Description:

The main duties of HELPI Youth Development Workshop of Hírös Agóra are to help the youth in their everyday life, run youth clubs in the downtown and in the suburbs of Kecskemét. We manage the operation of youth information centre where young people can receive relevant information and counselling service free of charge to solve their problems. In our youth clubs we provide young people safe environment to spend their free and leisure time, and it is a venue to develop their project ideas, too.

Basically our target group is all youngsters (aged 11-30) from Kecskemét and its surroundings, those who are interested in taking part in various actions, programmes, projects and who may have fewer opportunities at the same time.

 

Profile of the volunteer:

18-30 years old Estonian, speaking English and Estonian or Russian and interested in youth centre work in urban areas.

 

Activities of the volunteer:

The volunteer should participate in the different types of programme, team meetings, planning and preparation of events. The working-fields are very various and will be influenced by the interests of the volunteer.

Concerning the “Solidarity – volunteer year in Kecskemét”- project the volunteer should participate in evening-sessions of the “organisation”, which means preparing the evening meal with the apprentices, joining the organization of the evening (having a cinema-visit, film evenings, playing (card) games, playing street soccer, volleyball, etc.…), guaranteeing the fixed bed-times (for the apprentices) and preparing the breakfast.

The different tasks are:

– Team meetings, preparation and doing the advertisement of an event, updating the webpage on the internet, layout and content of a flyer for a youth event.

– Welcome for young people and youth groups and introduction of the youth clubs to the youngsters and check of the institution before the departure of the youth group.

– Keeping the homepage updated and putting in the pictures of the last youth event.

– Support for young people when they are in the activity rooms in the youth clubs.

– Preparation of different youth activities (content and organisation) in sport, culture, creative and education, etc. …

– Meeting and networking with youth workers of different youth clubs in Kecskemét, in the region, and in Hungary and other countries.

– The activities of service will always be done and discussed in team, and be done by

those who have interests and abilities in the different fields; and working differs always little bit between group work and taking over of some self-responsibility.

– Most of the events will take place in the youth clubs; these are equipped with a big event room, internet room, room for youth meetings.

– Tasks in the office of the youth clubs: about 40% (preparation, organisation of different events) and the other 60% will be for direct contact with youngsters, creative working and free-time activities with/for the youngsters in Hírös Agóra, that is connected to the youth clubs (cooking together, eating, after the meal: different activities as playing, discussion about different things that happened during the day, discussion about different themes (sport, hand craft, etc.), table tennis, table football, etc.).

 

Accommodation:

The volunteers will live in a multiple roomed flat – one room for each volunteer – with all the important facilities: washing machine, refrigerator, equipped kitchen, bathroom. The flat is located in the inner city of Kecskemét, close to the local open-air market, supermarkets, train and bus station.

The flat is about 20 minutes away from the working placement by foot.

 

Food & pocket money:

Each month the volunteer will receive 40 000 Ft. (125€) for food money and 150€ pocket money.

 

Travel:

The travel costs to the hosting organization and back home will be reimbursed up to 275€.

 

Preparation:

Noored Ühiskonna Heaks will help with all the preparation for the volunteering experience.

 

To apply, send your motivation letter and CV to tairi@nyh.ee

 

Application deadline: 30th June 2019

 

Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!!! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NooredUhiskonnaHeaks?fref=ts

2019-06-11T15:01:30+00:00