Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for participants for a Youth Exchange called “I am European” which will take place from 25th April to 5th May 2019 in Lastours, France.
The main of the project is to encourage young people to discover their own and other’s culture. The more we know about ourselves and others, the easier it is to accept diversity and be more tolerant towards others.
European culture is quite mixed with influences from western culture, migration and globalisation with social media. Due this, cultural self- image is not so clear for younger generation. Not understanding origin or importance of traditions has created rootless feeling. Traditions that have remained are mixed up or adjusted so it has lost original meaning. The aim of this project is to bring youngsters closer to their cultural heritage. For every group, there is preliminary work – each country group needs to perform something that represents their country (dance,song or sketch). This activity will make participants reflect about their own traditions and sharing it in multicultural environment is opening new level of national self- image.
- Creating more conscious self- image in international environment
- Developing cooperation skills
- Discussing problems on cultural and individual level through Non-formal learning
- Offering possible solutions for how to preserve national culture
- Provide participants with self-esteem to express their culture and themselves in general
- Create a show to perform
Since the project takes part in a camping that promotes sustainable lifestyle, participants also engage themselves in:
- Live in harmony with nature for 10 days: division of tasks, respect for others and their differences.
- Learning minimalist and zero waste approach to life.
- Experience different cuisine (vegan or plant based diet and other nationalities cooking).
- Discovering local nature.
This project will bring together 36 participants from Estonia, France, Italy, Greece, Bulgaria, Hungary.
We are looking for 5 participants and one group leader. Participants should be from 18-25 years old. There is no age limit for group leader.
Group leader should participate in APV on 30th -31st March.
The Erasmus + Programme will cover 100% of the accommodation, food and activities and will reimburse up to 360 euros of the travel costs. There will be a participation fee of 40 Euros per participant.
All the interested people should fill the application form below.
Application deadline: 24th February 2019
Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!!! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NooredUhiskonnaHeaks?fref=ts