Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for volunteer for an European Solidarity Corps placement called “GROWTH” for 7 months, which will take place from March 2019 to September 2019 in Lisbon, Portugal.
Hosting Organisation is Pro-Atlantico is a nonprofit youth association, founded in 2001, in Oeiras, and it carries out projects with children, youngsters and disabled people. Today, ProAtlântico has more than 12.000 members all over Portugal and gives special attention to needed people and to those with fewer opportunities, aiming to give them the chance to establish contact with other cultures, in order to help them to find ways to deal with their own problems and to break the existing prejudices.
The volunteer will have opportunity to cooperate in the following activities:
- Senior Academy – painting, decorative arts, tapestry, embroidery, jewellery, philosophy, astrology, mathematics, languages, creative writing, computers, photography, nutrition, music, instruments, singing, oriental dances, ballroom dancing, theatre , meditation, yoga, pilates, among others.
- Training Centre – support in a varied range of courses for youth and adults (techniques, languages, entrepreneurship, information technology, among others).
- Study Room – help in the room with access to computers and internet for young people to study and perform group work.
- Residence – help in the residence to welcome young and elderly foreigners during non-academic periods so that they can learn from our young and old, thus enhancing an exchange of experiences and knowledge.
- Volunteering Bank – help in the operation of Volunteer Bank for voluntary integration in volunteer projects in local institutions, organizing the needs of volunteers of the social partners, making the screening of volunteers, giving initial training volunteering and following up these in your projects.
- Restaurant / Bar – help in this space with terrace service to support all projects developed at Casa Europa.
- Outdoor area – help in activities developed there: markets and fairs with several framed themes to local needs: organic market, exchange market, Christmas grocery, reading market, grocery store of jewelry, animal fair, fair flea and antiques, fair of crafts, medieval fair, job fair, fair esoteric, fair volunteer fair health and social fair, etc.
The Profile of the volunteer: proactive, motivated to work with young people, with sense of responsibility, like to work in a team, flexible, with handwork skills, with communication ability, mature to work with social disadvantaged children and young people.
Accommodation: We will provides accommodation in an apartment (with 6/8 volunteers in total), University residence, hostel or hosting family, Casa Europa, multiple bedroom with fully equipped kitchen, toilet, laundry facilities and living room. The costs with electricity, water, gas, TV and Internet are covered by the Coordinating Organization. The volunteers will have towels and bed clothes for the entire period of the project.
Food and Pocket Money: We will provide €300 (every 30 days) to cover costs of food and extra expenses (ex: cleaning materials,) during non-working time.
The Erasmus + Programme will reimburse 100% of the travel costs for the participants (up to 530 euros).
All the interested people should fill send the CV, Motivation Letter in English to email@example.com
Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!!! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NooredUhiskonnaHeaks?fref=ts