Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for 2 volunteers for European Solidarity Corps placements called “Center for Girls” for 12 months, which will take place from February 2019 to January 2020 in Klagenfurt, Austria.
Hosting Organisations is
The „Mädchenzentrum Klagenfurt“ (Center for Girls* Klagenfurt) was founded in 1995. It offers counseling, support and information for a variety of situations and living conditions of girls* and young women*. The goal of the Center for Girls* in Klagenfurt is to enable and assist girls* in making self-determined life choices. In order to achieve this goal we provide a broad variety of projects and courses in the fields of career orientation, social education, counseling, etc..
The project, the volunteer will be mainly involved in, is the „Mädchen*treff“, a youth center especially for girls*. The youth center is a place where girls* and young women* can spend their leisure time three days a week. It is a meeting point for girls* who want to meet their friends, do their homework, play games, participate in workshops or just want to hang out for a while and have nice company and talk with each other. Once a week we cook together and try to organise something special like creative activities, dance workshops, different excursions, movie nights, etc.. Depending on weather and season we also like to do outside activities like playing volleyball and football, visiting the lake in Klagenfurt, have a picnic at the park, etc..
Beside the fun factor young people can find help and talk about their problems at the „Mädchen*treff“. We advise in the fields of:
– Difficulties at school
– Education advice
– Family problems
– Process of integration
– Relationship difficulties
That’s why we are…
a place to start, a place to meet, a place where people listen, a place you can talk to feminist and gender-trained women*, a place to learn and a center for projects and innovations.
Among the youth center for girls* the „Mädchenzentrum Klagenfurt“ offers:
- Social-educational counseling – free, anonymous, and confidential
- Workshops to further competences (such as communication, self-esteem, self-confidence, self-assertion, and self- reliance) as well as workshops on sexuality, eating disorders and violence.
- Open meetings on eating disorders
- Career orientation with lectures, workshops and courses on: Strengths and interests, career information as well as expanding awareness and reducing gender bias in career choices (girls* and mechanics, engineering, and technology), training in the application process and finding of jobs
- Contacts to business’, firms, and workshops for internships
- Contacts to and mentoring by female role models
- Assessment Center which helps you find your strengths and aptitudes
- Information days and major events on various topics
- Current and seasonal courses on the subjects of leisure and creativity
- Access to specialized library
- A youth center especially for girls* and young women*
The Profile of the volunteer: proactive, motivated to work in a youth center environment, with sense of responsibility, like to work in a team, flexible, with handwork skills, and communication ability.
Volunteer time would be of 07 hours per day, 05 days per week, two consecutive days off per week and 2 days holiday per month for the duration of the project.
Accommodation: We will provide accommodation in an student dorm with private bedroom with fully equipped kitchen, toilet and laundry facilities. The costs with electricity, water, gas and Internet are covered by the Coordinating Organization. The volunteers will have towels and bed clothes for the entire period of the project.
Food and Pocket Money: We will provide €490 (every 30 days) to cover costs of food and extra expenses during non-working time.
The Erasmus + Programme will reimburse 100% of the travel costs for the participants (up to 275 euros).
All the interested people should fill send the CV and Motivation Letter in English to email@example.com.
Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!!! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NooredUhiskonnaHeaks?fref=ts