Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for participants for a Training Course called “Humour is a Serious Business” which will take place from 5th until 12th November 2018 in Drobollach, Austria.
‘Humour is Serious Business’ is a Training Programme aimed at youth work practitioners from a wide range of countries who have an interest in and commitment to the examination and use of Humour as a pro-active and deliberate methodology in their work with young people and other youth work communities.
The programme aims to provide space and time for participants to examine a multitude of issues, concerns and questions related to the use of Humour in an effort to increase their skills, knowledge and experience of Humour as an effective method of engaging young people.
Participants will come away from the training much better informed and ‘upskilled’ with a clear direction of how they can use humour in their work setting and with a clear plan for developing a locally-based project which they will document to further inform the discussion regarding Humour as a mechanism which can be used effectively in engaging young people.
- Upskilling youth work practitioners in the use of humour as an effective tool for engaging young people and youth work communities
- Enhancing knowledge of the various types of humour so as to increase understanding of how, where, when and why it can be applied
- Increasing awareness of how humour can be used as a pro-active and deliberate methodology in youth work and not just as a natural consequence of and response to specific situations
- Consider cultural differences in humour and understand better how these can be used to support and inform youth work practice
- Providing space and time for practitioners to reflect upon the use of their own sense of humour and consider where it can be altered to support their practice
- Challenge participants to step out of their ‘comfort zone’ in order to appreciate their own commitment to learning
- Developing local humour-based programmes to test methodologies and techniques with a view to informing humour-based practice the development of a number of join actions between partner organisations
This event will bring together 26 participants from Estonia, Austria, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, United Kingdom, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia and Spain. The event will be held in English. There are 2 vacancies available and participants should be minimum 18 years old.
The Erasmus + Programme will cover 100% of the accommodation, food and activities and will reimburse 100% of the travel costs for the participants – up to 245 euros. There will be a participation fee of 40 Eur. per participant.
All the interested people should fill the application form below.
Application deadline: 10th October 2018
Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!!! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NooredUhiskonnaHeaks?fref=ts