Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for participants for a Training Course called “Colours of Empowerment” which will take place from 13th until 22nd September 2018 in Reykjavik, Iceland.
Colours of Empowerment is an international training course on how to design, facilitate and evaluate meaningful educational activities in inclusive youth work.
We aim at empowering and building up the competences of educational practitioners to design, facilitate and evaluate meaningful educational activities in inclusive youth work, especially with and for marginalized youth:
- exclusion, inclusion, participation: what groups and individuals are we talking about? What do we want to reach with & for them, and how?
- learning and non-formal education: approaches, conditions, models, factors, processes
- meeting the needs of inclusion groups: matching of target group ↔ needs ↔ objectives ↔ methodology, how to ensure impact & relevance
- practical tools and methods for the design, facilitation & assessment of educational activities
- creation & testing of own educational modules with/in front of group
- practice in feedback, empathy, coaching & communication skills
- hot issues, common challenges and best practices in educational inclusive youth work
- role(s), context, ethics & competences of youth workers and inclusion workers in an educational context
- self-assessment, coaching & professional development plan
- partnership-building and the development of follow-up activities
The training course will be based on the specific needs of the participants and partner organisations, and will be highly participatory. Diversity, e.g. in the group of participants, will be considered as a resource for the exchange and transfer of competences, as well as special attention is paid to the intercultural dimension of the project. There will only be few frontal lectures, the main part of the training course will be delivered in the form of practical sessions implemented by the participants in a learning-by-doing fashion, using the full toolbox of non-formal education and experiential learning. The trainers will take care of creating a supportive and safe learning environment, where participants are encouraged and coached while mastering challenges that contribute to their personal, professional and organisational development. The learning takes place both on individual level as well as in synergetic group processes. Special attention is paid to making the learning points of the training course relevant, sustainable and transferable, eg by producing exhaustive documentation and by providing templates for tailor-made development and action plans. The training course will furthermore be embedded in a blended online learning and resource environment.
This event will bring together 26 participants from Estonia, Iceland, Italy, Macedonia, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Spain and Turkey. The event will be held in English. There are 2 vacancies available and participants should be minimum 18 years old.
The Erasmus + Programme will cover 100% of the accommodation, food and activities and will reimburse 100% of the travel costs for the participants – up to 310 euros. There will be a participation fee of 40 Eur. per participant.
All the interested people should fill the application form below.
Application deadline: 20th July 2018
Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!!! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NooredUhiskonnaHeaks?fref=ts