Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for volunteer for an European Voluntary Service placement called “The Beauty of the Valley” for 10 months, which will take place from 1st May 2018 – 28th February 2019 in Malaga, Spain.
GDR VALLE DEL GUADALHORCE
The GDR of the Guadalhorce’s Valley is a non-profit association created in 1996, in an interior area of Málaga, with the aim of promoting rural development working in different areas such as Youth, Volunteering, European Mobility, Gender Equality, Organic Agriculture and Farming, because we consider that an integral development is the best way to grow.
Thus, Social Innovation applied to Local Development is our way of working, considering people like the key for solving their difficulties whether they are social, environmental and economic problems, improving quality of life and meeting real needs of our territory. In 2009, our organization was recognized like “Social Innovation Spaces” as a result of our work on methodology “button-up”. Therefore our main valour is to carry out the empirical application of hypothesis or theory in the territory and with the different sector.
The GDR of the Guadalhorce’s Valley has been developing a non-stop work in the youth field, being one of the most important areas in our organization.
- Youth and Children Dynamization at LOURDES SCHOOL.
The Cooperative School Nuestra Señora de Lourdes is a cooperative institution of education located in Coín, in the region of the Guadalhorce’s Valley.
Our school has all the educative phases, from nursery, pre-primary school, primary school, secondary school/high school and bachillerato. However, our school not only has a formal education proposal but also a holistic perspective of the education, where we also integrate non-formal education and activities to promote the personal growth of our students and their improvement in key skills for their future.
In this way, we also have the necessary facilities in our center such as school center, 3 basketball courts, modern and ITC adapted classes, etc. In relation with staff and services, we have an integration class, speech therapist, physiotherapy, special education teacher, psychologist and the rest of the educative staff specialist in each subject.
Also we offer a high number of extra activities for students and also for parents, such as computer classes, yoga, sports, personal development and we have a sport club, a language class (since we are a Cambridge examination center) and music school.
Our school has been working for more than 30 years with staff especially focused in improving the communication between students/teachers and families. We care for offering the best service to our students and families and also the best education so they can feel listened, valued and part of the learning process.
Furthermore, our school is integrated in our region in the sense of cooperating with the people and associations which are part of it, such as the Rural Development Group of our region, the Guadalhorce’s Valley. We are part of the Board of the entity and we also collaborate in activities proposed by them like the program for Peer to Peer Mediation, gender trainings, the pact for inclusive language or other youth activities proposed by local associations like IMAGINA, with the promotion of youth projects in the field of Erasmus + for young people of our center. http://www.colegiodelourdes.com/
The activities developed in the center would be related with:
- Promotion of mobility projects among our students in collaboration with the GDR and the 3rd field of work.
- Support to the development of linguistic skills of students. Here we will develop workshops and activities to promote expression in English, so students can talk with volunteers in non-formal activities such as chat sessions, tandem clubs, etc. Also volunteers will support English teachers as conversation assistant.
- Creativity and cultural workshops with students.
- Support to the International Committee of the Center: looking for partners, organizing European projects and activities.
- YouthWORK at the GDR
This field will be the GENERAL work in which all the volunteers of the entity will collaborate in some of the moments when we have more activities. However, one person will be more focused in this part, with different task depending on their skills and interests.
Within this common area we will develop different activities with the aim of:
- MEDIA WORK: edition of videos, photos during projects, promotion of activities in social media, etc. If you like working with MEDIA, this is your place!
- Helping the organisation with the work at the office related to organization of events, dissemination, promotion of activities, etc.
- Promoting local and international mobility projects for youngsters within Erasmus + programme.
- Preparation and training of participants who will take part in Erasmus + projects: selection process, pre-departure trainings, information, etc.
- Promotion of mobility programs such as Erasmus + and EVS: working in our local project Europe Splash, organizing workshops and dissemination activities, counselling young people, preparing them to go abroad challenging their fears…
- Support in the implementation of youth projects of our organization in our region (youth exchanges, training courses, Mediation project, etc.). These tasks will consist on: Administrative tasks (especially in the previous months to the implementation of projects like Erasmus + or Mediation); logistical tasks during the projects; organizing and support within youth exchanges and TC, etc.
Profile of the volunteer:
- Good English level (B2) will be well-valued.
- Competences on youth dynamization. Interest in working with young people and children.
- Capacity on working with paper work, being flexible.
- Interest in teaching and educative system
Accommodation and Lodging
The volunteer will be accommodated in a fully equipped shared apartment in Pizarra or in Coin with all the utilities included. Volunteer will receive 270 euros as pocket and food money per month and will have the possibility to use different services.
The Erasmus + Programme will reimburse 100% of the travel costs for the participants (up to 360 euros). We will provide full health insurance for the volunteer during the voluntary period.
All the interested people should fill send the CV and Motivation Letter in English to email@example.com
Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!!! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NooredUhiskonnaHeaks?fref=ts