ANNI TETSMANN VABATAHTLIK TEENISTUS / EUROPEAN VOLUNTARY SERVICE
Name: Anni Tetsmann
Activity Dates: 7.11.2016 – 6.06.2017
Total Months of Volunteering: 7 months
Hosting Country: Sicily, Italy
Hosting Organisation: Associazione Culturale Strauss https://www.arcistrauss.it/
Main Activities Developed:
- Work in the local library – book inventory.
- English lessons in local schools – I participated in English lessons in local schools, where I helped the English teachers to encourage students to speak in English.
- English Conversation Club – I organized English conversation club together with other volunteers for the kids aged 7 – 13 years. Conversation club took place once a week for 2 hours for 10 weeks.
- International project writing – I carried out activity for other volunteers who were interested in working with international projects. Once a week for two hours we came together and I explained the process of the project writing and project management.
- Blog and campaigns – together with other volunteers I was responsible for creating important campaigns for local community and promote the campaigns in our blog. Also we started the personal EVS experience section in our blog.
- Promoting international opportunities – I participated in activities, which aimed to promote Erasmus+ opportunities for young people. Also I created EVSLife page in Facebook, where together other volunteers we showed different parts of EVS volunteers’ lives.
- Personal English lessons for high school students – few times a week I met with students from high school who wanted to improve their English speaking skills.
External Links of Blog or Description: http://www.arcistrauss.it/volontari/