Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for participants for a Training Course called “Volunteering: A Tool for Success” which will take place from 8th until 16thDecember 2017 in Oslo, Norway.
What is more, volunteering is a tool to foster civic engagement for social matters and an expression for social cohesion by giving own time to those who need it the most in the local community. However, for volunteering to be a success story, motivation, enthusiasm and creativity of volunteers need to be framed and volunteers need to be supported and to reach the set objectives. It is a difficult art for project coordinators and appointed youth leaders to coach local volunteers to realise activities independently and successfully.
Moreover, even if volunteers are successfully involved in civil society initiatives, or even their leading force and main implementer, very often these positive examples do not reach a wider public, because visibility measures to promote these success stories are not in place or only of limited reach. Volunteering in many countries is the low involvement of disadvantaged youth from lower socioeconomic backgrounds. Volunteering is, unfortunately, in many cases something done by young people with higher education and from higher economic background.
Thus, the project aims to respond to the following challenges for building democratic civil society structures based on personal commitment and participation:
– Lack of conceptualisation of volunteering as an instrument for addressing social challenges
– Structural and organisational problems in managing volunteer projects from the selection of the volunteers, to the implementation of the project until its reporting and documentation phase.
– Limited abilities of volunteer coordinators to plan, structure, monitor and evaluate the learning and work process of volunteers
– Lack of inclusion of marginalised youth in civil initiatives
– Low visibility of citizen initiatives and youth participation/ volunteering on community level resulting in a low recognition of voluntary engagement of young people
This event will bring together 30 participants from Estonia, Latvia, Norway, Italy, Spain and Slovenia. The event will be held in English. There are 5 vacancies available and participants should minimum 18 years old.
The Erasmus + Programme will cover 100% of the accommodation, food and activities and will reimburse 100% of the travel costs for the participants – up to 275 euros. There will be a participation fee of 40 Eur. per participant.
All the interested people should fill the application form below. The application form must be sent to email@example.com
Application deadline: 20th November 2017
Application form here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2ih0dub4f6e7ly7/6MkR-cKjsT
PS. Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!!! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NooredUhiskonnaHeaks?fref=ts