Noored Ühiskonna Heaks (NYH) is promoting a call for participants for a Training Course called “Formal meets Non-Formal: upgraded” which will take place from 07th until 13th May 2017 in Lithuania, Trakų.
Training Course to assist formal and non-formal education practitioners in working with human rights education issues through providing tools and methodologies.
The TC runs on the idea that the educators from formal and non-formal education settings should be working together towards solving present day challenges as intolerance, racism, youth radicalization, lack of civic participation, aiming to help young person to grow.
1. Introduce human rights based approach to be used in shaping formal and non-formal educational activities;
2. Develop understanding of non-formal education methodological principles;
3. Improve understanding of human rights and it’s values;
4. Encourage participants to use non-formal education methods and tools in the formal education setting and invite non-formal educators to contribute to implementation of formal curriculum;
5. Improve participants’ competencies to plan, run and evaluate human rights education workshops;
6. Develop understanding of importance of reflection in educational activities and provide participants with the competence of guiding reflection process of youngsters: designing reflection questions and running the process;
7. Improve participants’ competencies to adjust, adapt and create new methods based on non-formal education methodology;
8. Create civic education workshops and/or lessons, which could be used by educators in formal and non-formal education settings;
9.Create space for future Erasmus+ projects development and ensuring the quality of the projects through developing common understanding of Youth project quality criteria: non-formal education.
All the activities will be based on non-formal education principles and will include interactive presentations, simulations, self-reflection, group work, creative tasks, reflection, theatre, etc.
– Directly working with young people – teachers, youth workers, youth leaders, cultural workers and educators;
– Having no or little experience learning on international level;
– Willing to include topics of human rights into their daily work;
– Willing to use non-formal education in their daily work and to cooperate tightly with NGOs;
– Able to participate in whole duration of the learning process;
– Committed to disseminate project results in at local (city, municipality) and institutional level (school, organization);
– Able to understand and express themselves in English;
– at least 18 years old;
– Searching for new educational methodologies, educational philosophies to be used in daily educational work;
– Searching for new tools and ways how to work with youth;
– Searching for new ideas how to work in schools during after school educational / social hours;
– In search for ideas and tools how to address current issues in Europe;
– Searching for partners with whom it would be possible to cooperate.
This event will bring together 32 participants from Croatia, Estonia, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania. The event will be held in English. There is 2 vacancies available and participants should have minimum 18 years old and involved on the youth field.
The Erasmus + Programme will cover 100% of the accommodation, food and activities and will reimburse 100% of the travel costs for the participants – up to 150 euros. There will be a participation fee of 40 Eur. per participant.
All the interested people should fill the application form below. The application form must be sent to email@example.com
Application deadline: 13th April 2017
Application form here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2ih0dub4f6e7ly7/6MkR-cKjsT
PS. Like our Facebook page and share our posts in order to have more chances to join our activities!!! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NooredUhiskonnaHeaks?fref=ts